It's a "Yes" for a better Holbeck
As voted for by the people of Holbeck on Thursday 1st March 2018.
Holbeck Neighbourhood Forum meeting – Monday 16thJuly 6.30pm at the Holbeck Club, Jenkinson Lawn.
Guest Speaker: Sarah Priestley talking about Leeds 2023 and the Culture Strategy – Holbeck’s role in the cultural life of Leeds.
Holbeck Forum Actively Supports:
- Regular meeting for residents
- Annual Holbeck Gala and Beer Tent
- Holbeck History Trail and signage around the area
- Holbeck in Bloom (Awarded Gold in 2017)
- Community Noticeboards keeping the area informed
- The Holbeck - a licensed community club run by volunteers
- Community Film nights at The Holbeck Club
- Community Firework Display at The Holbeck Club
- Community Christmas Lights and Carol Service
- Wildflower Meadows
- Holbeck Landlord’s Forum
- Historical Interpretation Boards in Holbeck
You can download the plan and view other key documentation/maps via the links below.
Why do we need a plan?
Holbeck has gone through many changes in its history. From its origins as a small village built around the ancient Holbeck Moor, it grew massively to become a booming industrial area. However, in the 20th Century industry went into sharp decline and ever since, Holbeck has struggled with a legacy of complex environmental, social and economic problems. Since 2012 local residents have been working hard on the Holbeck Neighbourhood Plan, which aims to tackle these issues and encourage positive developments such as the recent housing constructions, which are helping to regenerate the area.
We want Holbeck to have:
- Good quality and affordable housing
- A wide range of shops and services that suit local needs.
- A safe attractive environment
- Thriving local businesses
- Better connections for pedestrians cyclists and public transportin the area between Holbeck and the city centre and adjacent neighbourhoods.
Our Plan supports all of this by including planning policies that will be used to help decide planning applications in our area. The Council must take our Plan into account when making decisions.
Email us at Hello@holbeckneighbourhoodplan.org.uk